Mee Hoon Sup Daging (Rice Vermicelli Beef Soup Noodles)
Cooks in Serves 4
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 bowl thin sliced boneless beef
- Water 2 litres or as needed
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 2 tablespoon crisp fried shallots (bawang goreng)
- 4 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Chinese celery leaves (daun sadri) - thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger (pounded)
- Penumis (2 anise, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 2 cardamon)
- 1 pack Yeos Rice Vermicelli (375 gram) - blanched in hot water until soften but not cooked
- 2 small/tiny asam keping or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small packet Spices/Rempah Soto/Sup Adabi - Item is available to purchase at selerakuAPPETITO online shop http://easycookingselerakuappetito.wazala.com/
- Dried vermicelli- deep fried for 5 seconds until fluff up/crispy.
- 1/2 bowl cleaned, washed beansprouts - blanched
- Rice Verrmicelli:
- In a large bowl, blanched the noodles with hot water until soften. There is an option to add a bit of yellow food colourings to the noodles to make it looks more interesting.
- Beef Soup:
- Heat cooking oil in a casserole dish or pot with lid.
- Saute the penumis, onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the beef, Rempah Sup Bunjut/Soto (Readymade Soup Spices) and water.
- Cover the lid and simmer until the beef soft, tender and juicy cooked.
- When the beef already cooked, add in asam keping (dried sour fruit or lime juice) and sprinkle the ground black pepper.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Add in little bit of sugar (1/3 TEAspoon).
- Stir well and turn off the heat.
- To serve:
- Place the soften rive vermicelli in a bowl.
- Pour in the hot boiled beef soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with the beef meat and fried dried vermicelli.
- Serve while still hot with beansprouts, thinly sliced Chinese celery leaves (daun sadri), fried crisp shallots (bawang foreng), birds eye chillies mixed with sweet/light soya sauce.