Kuih Seri Muka seleraku|APPETITO
Cooks in Serves 2
- The base (glutinous rice):
- 1 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- The top (Green custard):
- 1 cup CREAMY coconut milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon green food colouring (or as needed)
- Pandan Water:
- 2 Pandan leaves (knotted)
- 1 cup water
- Glutinous rice:
- In a bowl, add in the glutinous rice, coconut milk and salt. Mixed them well and steam until properly cooked.
- Brush some oil at the base of cake or bread square pan.
- Pour in the cooked glutinous rice.
- Press firmly on top of it with oily cake spatula. Set aside.
- The Green Custard:
- Boil the pandan leaves and water to make 1/2 cup or pandan water.
- If you do not have any Pandan leaves, pandan essences also can be used as the flavour - no need to boil just add in 1 teaspoon to the rest of the batter ingredients.
- By using a food processor or blender, blend all the green layer ingredients together.
- Separate the liquid by using a strainer at least twice. This is to ensure the green batter turns out smoothly.
- Pour the smooth batter onto the glutinous rice (Double in height of the glutinous rice - refer to the picture).
- Steam them again using medium heat and not too high for 10 - 15 minutes or until cooked nicely.
- Set aside and leave it to cool completely.
- Cut diagonally and serve them as a dessert.